Monday, May 23, 2011

The Weekend.

I wrote this yesterday afternoon, but also couldn't post it due to lack of Internet...
It has been an exciting weekend. Visitation Friday night went much better. The lady whose house we visited was very kind and sweet, and she actually wanted to talk. Yesterday was a very fun day. We went to a water park that is about 15 minutes away. When I heard that we were going to the water park, my expectations were not that high. I expected a few slides and some old pool furniture, but this exceeded any water park that I have seen even in the U.S. It was gorgeous, and sooo much fun. For those few hours we were blown away by the fact that we were even in Guatemala on a mission trip. Yesterday afternoon we had free time until church. Most of that was dedicated to laundry, homework, and preparing my testimony. Then, last night we experienced our first Guatemalan church service. The church we went to was right in our town, Llano Verde. It was a very exciting church. Their worship was very passionate and free. The kids dance without thinking twice about it. It made me think that this is how it should be. Worshiping God with a pure heart and without and restraint or care of what others think. We then performed all of our songs and dramas, which went well. We went to a church in an adjacent village, El Rosario, this morning. This is the church I shared my testimony in. There was a moment during worship where my nerves got so high that my whole body tensed and ached, but after praying and asking God for His peace, I was able to put my nerves aside. My prayer was for clarity so that He could use the words I was saying. And honestly, I spoke much more clearly than I normally do in presentations. When Dr. Towles (our professor) got up to preach, four of us got to go help with the three children's classes. I was in a class of five middle aged students. They colored, then they taught me some songs, then the teacher gave a lesson on how God will never leave them. This afternoon brought more free time, once again to study and rest a little too. We are going to church again tonight, and then begin our normal weekly schedule again tomorrow.
You can pray for my class as we have an oral exam on the plan of salvation tomorrow. Pray for the relationships that I am beginning to build at the orphanage. And pray for the health of the team as almost all of us have tasted a bit of sickness already.

No comments:

Post a Comment