Monday, May 16, 2011

First Impressions

After much sleep deprivation and traveling all night we arrived in Guatemala at 11 AM yesterday (1 PM at home). And after a 3 hour bus ride we arrived at Hope of Life. We arrived to heat and humidity. Lots of bugs and lots of sweat. However, at the same time we were amazed at the beauty of the compound. We spent the day today practicing our music and dramas to perform. Then we went out into villages to invite the people to our weekly youth soccer nights on Tuesday nights and VBS on Wednesday afternoons. It was exciting to finally get a taste of Guatemala. It has been a lot to take in and so far I am just sitting back and observing. Tomorrow we are touring the ministries on the compound, doing some construction, and having the youth night.
Here's how you can pray:
1. Pray for health and hydration in the heat
2. Pray for relationships that we will begin to build
3. Since I am one of the more advanced Spanish students on the team, I have to give my testimony in church this weekend and I am terrified. So pray for that.

2 comments:

  1. Harás buen trabajo con darles tu testimonio. Recuerdo yo el año pasado que yo tenía sólo media hora de preparación para darles lo mío. Hice bien. Diviértete con tus experiencias fantásticas de Guatemala.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying God will use you in amazing ways and that He would use this in you as well!

    ReplyDelete